Cymbidium Orchids have a very long vase life – with good care they can last up to 28 days. Follow these tips and you can enjoy your flowers much longer.
- Cymbidium flowers are best transported or stored at room temperatures above 8 - 12◦C. Never place the Cymbidiums in a cooler!
- Upon arrival at the shop, put the stems in fresh water after a bit of the stem has been cut off.
- The stem needs supporting in a tall, slender, clean vase or an empty wine bottle with clean water.
- Carefully remove the wrapping sleeve, to avoid the flowers from getting damaged.
- Make sure that the vulnerable pollen cap does not get damaged or break off, because this will immediately reduce shelf life. The left flower is dying because of its missing pollen cap.